This extremely quick and simple spinach salad is enlivened by the combination of fresh peaches and grapes in a citrus dressing. A great dish to make the most of our locally grown produce!
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup orange juice concentrate
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 9 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 8 large fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1- 1/2 cups sliced peeled peaches
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, halved
- 4 ounces Gruyere cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
To make the dressing –
In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, orange juice concentrate and cinnamon until blended. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Arrange spinach on 12 salad plates. Top with the mushrooms, peaches, grapes, cheese and almonds. Serve with the dressing.