Annual Plant Department Lead - Burnaby Lougheed Location
GARDENWORKS is one of Canada’s largest independently owned garden centre companies with 8 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
Annual Plant Department Lead - Burnaby Lougheed
GARDENWORKS Burnaby is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual to assist in leading the Annual Plant Department.
This is a dynamic role involving the following:
- Building sales and supporting the GARDENWORKS Brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- Leadership - motivating and directing staff working within the department
- Driving the annual plant category performance through sales and service
- Ordering & inventory management for the vegetable & herb categories
- Working with store merchandising team creating inspiring displays and end caps
- Assist in receiving, maintenance, & pricing of all incoming shipments
- Supporting the Department Manager, and the store team at Burnaby Lougheed, through a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
We would love to meet someone who has:
- A passion for what we do – connecting guests to nature
- Act as a role model for truly outstanding & memorable guest experience
- Strong horticultural knowledge - specifically with annuals, herbs, and veggies
- 3-5 years customer service experience in a retail setting
- A natural collaborator and ability to identify opportunities and take initiative
- A “get things done” positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet the demands of a busy work environment
- A team outlook and be able to work well & communicate with other members of the team
- Basic computer skills, email, Word, Excel
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org