Tree & Shrub Expert – Saanich
GARDENWORKS is British Columbia’s largest independently owned garden centre company with 10 locations across Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
At GARDENWORKS we are unapologetic about our love of plants and want to share this passion with every person who crosses our path. Because plants are more than plants. Plants are life.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role in our shared mission of connecting people to our natural world through plants.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate, gardening enthusiast who is customer service focused and enjoys sharing knowledge with others!
This is a seasonal position for our busy spring season, with the potential of becoming permanent. Part-time & Full-time hours available!
Overview of role:
- Building sales & supporting the GARDENWORKS Brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- Sharing your gardening knowledge - informing guests about care & maintenance, asking questions to help solve gardening concerns
- Receiving product shipments, recording damaged items, shortages, and corresponding with vendor to rectify damages and shortages
- We look to you to bolster a positive & fun work environment where our team can be proud of their work and are recognized for their contribution.
Is this you?
- A strong passion for providing an outstanding & memorable guest experience
- Basic knowledge of trees & shrubs is preferred, including proper growing and maintenance requirements, as well as disease identification
- 3+ years customer service experience, preferably in a retail setting
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including weekends, and holidays as seasonal peaks require
- This job requires extended periods of walking and standing, the ability to perform regular lifting, as week as exposure to varying weather conditions
- You love working & collaborating within a team environment, as well as independently.
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), an amazing employee discount, and you are surrounded by plants!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to email@example.com