Pottery Department Lead - Saanich Location
GARDENWORKS is one of Canada’s largest independently owned garden centre companies with 8 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
Pottery Department Lead - Saanich
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to assist in managing our pottery / ceramic department. Your primary goal will be contributing to the success of store by growing sales and strengthening margins within the department.
Overview of role:
- Supporting the GARDENWORKS brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- Driving the pottery category performance through sales and service
- Working with the store merchandising team creating inspiring displays and end caps
- Receiving of all incoming pottery shipments, recording damaged items, shortages, and corresponding with Buyer/Vendor to rectify damages and shortages
- Supporting the Department Manager, and the store team at Saanich, through a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Contributing as part of the Inventory Management team
We would love to meet someone who has:
- Knowledge / passion for what we do – connecting guests to nature
- 3-5 years customer service experience, preferably in a retail setting
- A natural collaborator and ability to identify opportunities and take initiative
- A “get things done”, positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet the demands of a busy work environment
- Good health and strength are extremely important as some lifting is involved and there are physical demands of the job.
- Must have a team outlook and be able to work well with other members of the team
- Demonstrated strong communication skills
- Forklift certification or willingness to go through our in-house training program
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org