Sales & Guest Service Lead – Trees & Shrubs (Burnaby-Lougheed)
GARDENWORKS is British Columbia’s largest independently owned garden centre company with 10 locations across Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
At GARDENWORKS we are unapologetic about our love of plants and want to share this passion with every person who crosses our path. Because plants are more than plants. Plants are life.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role in our shared mission of connecting people to our natural world through plants.
GARDENWORKS Burnaby is looking for an energetic and passionate, gardening enthusiast who is customer service focused and enjoys sharing knowledge with others! This is a lead position mentoring under the Department Manager.
This is a dynamic role involving the following:
- Building sales and supporting the GARDENWORKS Brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- Sharing your gardening knowledge - informing guests about care & maintenance of their plants, asking questions to help solve gardening concerns
- Receiving, maintenance, & pricing of all incoming plant material, ensuring it is in good health
- Supporting the Department Manager, and the store team, through a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- We would love to meet someone who has:
- A strong passion for providing an outstanding & memorable guest experience
- Basic knowledge of trees & shrubs, including proper growing and maintenance requirements
- 3+ years customer service experience, preferably in a retail setting
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including weekends and holidays as seasonal peaks require
- This job requires extended periods of walking and standing, the ability to perform regular lifting, as well as exposure to varying weather conditions
- You love working & collaborating within a team environment, as well as independently
- Forklift certification or willingness to go through our in-house training program
Job type: Full time 40 hours per week
Salary: $23.00 – 25.00/hr
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount, and a team environment where you can share and learn from one another!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org