Plant Buyer & Sales Lead – Trees & Shrubs (Coquitlam)
GARDENWORKS is British Columbia’s largest independently owned garden centre company with 10 locations across Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
At GARDENWORKS we are unapologetic about our love of plants and want to share this passion with every person who crosses our path.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role in our shared mission of connecting people to our natural world through plants.
GARDENWORKS Coquitlam is looking for an energetic and passionate, plant enthusiast who is customer service focused and enjoys sharing knowledge with others!
The buyer is responsible for sourcing and curating a timely assortment of tree & shrub plants that meets or exceeds the sales volume, manages quick inventory turns, and achieves target gross profit margins. Proactive approach to buying to always give our customers the best quality, quantity, and plant selection.
Overview of role:
- Building sales and supporting the GARDENWORKS Brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- Sharing your gardening knowledge - informing guests about care & maintenance, asking questions to help solve gardening concerns
- You will be the main buyer for the tree & shrub plant category
- Ensuring the buying direction is on target based on analysis of sales from last year’s results & current customer trends
- Analyzing weekly and monthly sales, current inventory, and on-order with the goal of optimizing sales
- Ensure that vendor relations are optimal i.e., getting the best possible prices, quality, and service levels
- Receiving of plant material, ensuring product is priced, and is in good health
- Working with the store merchandising team creating end cap displays that inspire our guests
- We look to you to bolster a positive & fun work environment where our team can be proud of their work and are recognized for their contribution
Is this you?
- A strong passion for providing an outstanding & memorable guest experience
- Personal knowledge and passion for the horticulture industry with a good understanding of sourcing and buying live plants
- 3+ years customer service experience, preferably in a retail setting
- Strong organization skills are self-directed, and you work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Strength in Microsoft excel, and utilizing our POS system for sales reporting
- Exceptional time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills with the ability to effectively manage projects and meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including weekends, and holidays as seasonal peaks require, including store opening and closing responsibilities
- This job requires extended periods of walking and standing, as well as the ability to lift 50lbs and work in various weather conditions and environments
- You love working & collaborating within a team environment, as well as independently
This is a full-time position with weekend availability required. Salary: $23.00 to $25.00/hr
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to email@example.com