Assistant Store Manager – Mandeville
GARDENWORKS is British Columbia’s largest independently owned garden centre company with 10 locations across Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
At GARDENWORKS we are unapologetic about our love of plants and want to share this passion with every person who crosses our path. Because plants are more than plants. Plants are life.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role in our shared mission of connecting people to our natural world through plants.
We are offering a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to play an important role in our growing company’s senior leadership team at our Mandeville location. This dynamic role will involve all aspects of mentoring and inspiring an experienced garden centre team to fulfill our company vision while working to financial and operational targets.
If you are one to take initiative, you are organized and genuinely enjoy taking a hands-on approach to leading & inspiring others, please reach out to us about this outstanding opportunity.
Interested candidates should have a strong retail background and solid experience in store management including sales planning, wage budgeting and gross margin & inventory management.
Does this sound like you?
- A passion for retail - you will be the role model for truly outstanding & memorable guest service
- 3+ years of management experience in the retail/service industry
- Sales & Service driven, with the ability to overcome objections and find solutions
- Empathetic listener with ability to communicate clearly and effectively
- Developing staff by evaluating and providing performance coaching, fostering a team environment to meet store and company objectives
- Ability to identify top talent and assist in the recruitment, onboarding, and training of new hires
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Is self-aware, open to feedback
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook;
Job Type: Full time
Salary: 60,000 per year
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount!
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to email@example.com