Payroll & HR Administrator – GARDENWORKS
GARDENWORKS is British Columbia’s largest independently owned garden centre company with 10 locations across Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
At GARDENWORKS we are unapologetic about our love of plants and want to share this passion with every person who crosses our path.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role in our shared mission of connecting people to our natural world through plants.
We are currently seeking a passionate and enthusiastic Payroll & HR Administrator to join our team! You will be working alongside the Director of Human Resources, providing a wide range of support to our 450 + employees. You’ll dive deep into areas such as payroll, benefits, training & onboarding, talent sourcing, hiring & contract management.
As a member of the HR team, you are an ambassador of our brand and culture, fostering a positive employee experience, and creating memorable interactions that inspire those working at GARDENWORKS
More about the opportunity:
- Processing bi-weekly payroll for our salaried and hourly employees
- Monitoring our weekly employee timesheet in When I Work for accuracy and approvals
- Updating and managing employee benefits and deductions in the payroll system
- Assisting our store teams with any payroll related questions they may have
- Training & Onboarding – ensuring a smooth and efficient onboarding process for all new hires, coordinating introductory training sessions
- Candidate screening & interviews – review incoming applications, shortlist potential candidates, conduct initial phone interviews and coordinate with our retail stores subsequent interviews
What we are looking for:
- Someone that possesses a true passion for people – you understand why our employees are the heart of our business
- You thrive at getting things done in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment while keeping our people top of mind
- Preferably 2+ years of payroll/HR experience
- Payroll Compliance Professional (PCP) designation or in progress is an asset
- Experience with payroll and HRIS systems – we use Payworks & When I Work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to establish priorities, work independently, and complete timelines under minimal supervision
- You are extremely organized, you love the details, and you can manage multiple tasks concurrently
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Job Type: Full time
Salary Range: 58,000 – 60,000
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
At GARDENWORKS, we are always looking for GREAT people. We can’t wait to meet you!
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter “Attention” Amber Castro, Director of Human Resource at email@example.com