Annual & Perennial Plant Department Lead - Saanich Location
GARDENWORKS is one of Canada’s largest independently owned garden centre companies with 9 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
Annual & Perennial Plant Department Lead - Saanich
Our Annual & Perennial Plant Department represents an important product and service area to our guests and to our company. Guests come to GARDENWORKS looking for beautiful & healthy plants! GARDENWORKS Saanich is looking for an energetic, enthusiastic individual to assist in leading the Department.
This is a dynamic role involving the following:
- Building sales and supporting the GARDENWORKS Brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- Leadership - motivating and directing staff working within the department
- Driving the department performance through sales and service
- Inventory management – pricing, receiving, plant maintenance
- Working with store merchandising team creating inspiring displays and end caps
- Supporting the Department Manager, and the store team at Saanich, through a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
Is this you?
- A passion for gardening & retail - you will be the role model for truly outstanding & memorable guest experience
- Knowledge / passion for what we do – connecting guests to nature
- Strong horticultural knowledge – guests come to GARDENWORKS for expert advice!
- 3-5 years customer service experience, preferably in a retail setting
- A natural collaborator and ability to identify opportunities and take initiative
- A “get things done”, positive attitude
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet the demands of a busy work environment
- Must have a team outlook and be able to work well with other members of the team
- Basic computer skills, email, Word, Excel
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org