Administrative Support – Burnaby Lougheed Location
GARDENWORKS is one of Canada’s largest independently owned garden centre companies with 9 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
Administrative Support – Head Office
We are looking for someone who is passionate, professional, and self-motivated to join our Store Support Team assisting our Purchasing Managers with various administrative tasks.
This is a dynamic role including the following:
- You will be the main support for our Green Goods and Hard Goods Purchasing Managers
- Product Maintenance – Responsible for SKU set up and maintenance, setting retails and ensuring prices are updated in our point-of-sale system
- Ordering – Create & Submit Purchase Orders, following up with vendors and our 9 stores as needed to ensure completion and accuracy with ordering
- Reporting & Analysis – Produce sales and various product reports
- Communication – disseminate information and provide follow up to store teams regarding ordering, deadlines, product info, POS / price changes, sales, etc.
Is this you?
- A passion for retail, knowledge / passion for what we do – connecting guests to nature
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – in particular, high competency in Excel
- Understand retail pricing measures – mark up, gross profit, price points
- Horticulture knowledge or familiarity with plants and garden supplies
- A natural collaborator and ability to identify opportunities and take initiative
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet the demands of a busy work environment
- Strong communication skills – you will be a main hub for communication between our retail stores and our Purchasing Managers.
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday daytime hours.
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount!
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to email@example.com