Tropical Plant Department Manager / Botanical Designer – Oak Bay Location
GARDENWORKS is one of Canada’s largest independently owned garden centre companies with 8 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
Tropical Plant Department Manager / Botanical Designer – Oak Bay
We are looking for a creative and passionate plant enthusiast to manage the Tropical Plant department and act as our key Botanical Designer at our Oak Bay location. We would be looking to you to create beautiful, one of a kind, planted creations for both indoor and outdoor.
Overview of role:
- Building sales and supporting the GARDENWORKS Brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- Working with our Botanical Design manager to create signature GardenWorks pieces
- Driving the tropical plant category performance through sales and service
- Assist in receiving, maintenance, & pricing of all incoming shipments
- Working with store merchandising team creating inspiring displays and end caps
- Supporting the Store Management, and the store team at Oak Bay, through a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
We would love to meet someone who has…
- A passion for retail - you will be the role model for truly outstanding & memorable guest experience
- Knowledge / passion for what we do – connecting guests to nature
- An eye for design - creating beautiful custom tropical and succulent works of art for our guests that represents and celebrates our brand
- A creative approach to planning and leading workshops (when safe to do so)
- An awareness of current home décor and lifestyle trends
- A natural collaborator and ability to identify opportunities and take initiative
- A “get things done”, positive attitude
- 3-5 years customer service experience, preferably in a retail setting
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount!
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org