Assistant Store Manager – Coquitlam Location
GARDENWORKS is one of Canada’s largest independently owned garden centre companies with 9 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
Store Manager - Coquitlam
We are offering a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to play an important role in our store leadership, mentoring a team at our new Coquitlam location. This dynamic role will involve all aspects of managing and directing store operations.
If you like to take initiative, you are organized and genuinely enjoy taking a hands-on approach to leading & inspiring others, please speak to us about this outstanding opportunity.
Interested candidates should have a strong horticultural background and solid experience in store management including sales planning, wage budgeting and gross margin & inventory management.
Does this sound like you?
- A passion for what we do – connecting guests to nature
- A love for retail – you will be the role model for truly outstanding & memorable guest experience
- 3+ years of management experience in the retail/service industry
- A demonstrated leadership ability – building relationships naturally
- Developing staff by evaluating and providing performance coaching, fostering a team environment to meet store and company objectives
- A natural collaborator and ability to identify opportunities and take initiative
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing priorities to meet the demands of a busy work environment
- A team outlook and be able to work well & communicate with other members of the team
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org