Garden Supply Department Lead – Burnaby Lougheed Location
GARDENWORKS is one of Canada’s largest independently owned garden centre companies with 9 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to assist in managing our Garden Supplies department.
Overview of role:
- Building sales & supporting the GARDENWORKS brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- Driving the garden supplies category performance through sales and service
- Assist in ordering of garden supply product (garden soils, plant fertilizers, garden hardware, garden accessories)
- Receiving of all incoming product shipments, recording damaged items, shortages, and corresponding with Buyer/Vendor to rectify damages and shortages
- Supporting the Department Manager, and the store team, through a positive attitude and a strong work ethic
- Operating the forklift and front-end loader
Is this you?
- A passion for retail and connecting guests to nature & growing
- 3-5 years customer service experience, preferably in a retail setting
- A natural collaborator and ability to identify opportunities and take initiative
- A “get things done”, positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet the demands of a busy work environment
- Good health and strength are extremely important as some lifting is involved and there are physical demands of the job.
- Must have a team outlook and be able to work well with other members of the team
- Forklift certification or willingness to go through our in-house training program
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org