Payroll & Benefits Administrator / Accounting Clerk - Burnaby Lougheed Location
GARDENWORKS is one of Canada’s largest independently owned garden centre companies with 9 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
We are looking for someone who loves the details, prides themselves on their organization skills, and enjoys helping others! Your main responsibilities will be centered around the payroll function for our 275+ employees across our 9 retail stores, administering our group benefits plan, and lending support to our Finance team.
As a member of our Store Support Team, you are an ambassador, fostering a positive employee experience, and creating memorable interactions that inspire those working at GardenWorks. This is a great opportunity to learn and grow in all areas of full-cycle payroll.
Day to day overview:
- Processing our bi-weekly payroll for our 275+ employees
- Updating our payroll system with information for new employee set-ups, department transfers, employee information changes, employment status changes, payroll deduction changes, and preparing records of employment (ROE’s)
- Manage our payroll and timeclock applications providing ongoing training and support to our employees
- Administering our Group Health & Wellness Benefit plan
- Providing support to our accounting department with Accounts Payables/Receivables
We are all about sharing ideas, inspiring others, investing in our teams, and most importantly creating meaningful connections!
Is this you?
- Someone that possesses a true passion for people – you understand why our employees are the heart of our business
- You thrive at getting things done in a fast-moving and ever-changing environment while keeping our people top of mind
- You’re looking for an opportunity to use your creativity and ingenuity to improve our systems and processes
- You have 1-2 years of experience with payroll &/or HR
- A good understanding and knowledge of payroll regulations and Employment Standards in BC
- Exposure to basic accounting principles and general ledger
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism
- Exposure to payroll software - we currently use Payworks and When I Work, but knowledge of another payroll platform would be great!
- Intermediate computer skills including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), an amazing employee discount AND you are surrounded by plants!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to email@example.com