Warehouse Team Member – Mandeville Burnaby Location
GARDENWORKS is one Canada’s largest locally owned independent garden centre companies with 9 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
We are looking for an energetic and enthusiastic individual to assist in the warehouse located at our Mandeville Burnaby location. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) Monday to Friday daytime.
- Pricing of incoming merchandise for all stores
- Maintain a clean, safe, and positive warehouse environment
- Verify incoming and outgoing shipments against bills of lading, invoices, and purchase orders – ensuring proper receiving methods are being executed
- Prepare merchandise splits purchased for multiple locations
- Prepare pallets for shipments to stores
- Load trucks for deliveries to stores
- Unpack and examine of all incoming shipments, and communicate damages and shortages to Warehouse Supervisor
- Assist in maintaining accurate shipping logs
- Good health and strength are extremely important as some lifting is involved and there are physical demands of the job.
- Excellent time management, highly organized, ability to prioritize
- Strong attention to detail and process orientation
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize in order to meet the demands of a busy seasonal work environment.
- Experience with a POS System Receiving is an asset
- Must have a team outlook and be able to work well with other members of this team, communication being extremely important
- Forklift Certification or willingness to go through our in-house training program
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), an amazing employee discount AND you are surrounded by plants!
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org