Perennial Plants Department Manager – Lougheed Burnaby Location
GARDENWORKS is a locally owned, independent garden centre company with 9 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic individual that thrives on providing top notch guest service, has amazing “people skills” and has a passion for gardening.
This is a dynamic role involving the following:
- Building sales and supporting the GARDENWORKS Brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- You will be the primary buyer of the perennial plant sales category
- Leadership - motivating and directing staff working within the department
- Driving the department performance through sales and service
- Inventory management – pricing, receiving and plant maintenance
- Working with store merchandising team creating inspiring displays and end caps
Is this you?
- A passion for gardening & retail - you will be the role model for a truly outstanding & memorable guest experience
- Knowledge / passion for what we do – connecting guests to nature
- Solid horticultural knowledge – guests come to GardenWorks for expert advice!
- 3-5 years customer service experience, preferably in a retail setting
- A natural collaborator and ability to identify opportunities and take initiative
- A “get things done”, positive attitude
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet the demands of a busy work environment
- Basic computer skills, email, Word, Excel
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), an amazing employee discount, we will surround you with plants each day and with people that share in your passion!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org