Store Manager - Oak Bay Location
GARDENWORKS is a locally owned, independent garden centre company with 9 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to nature with the right plants and the inspiration and knowledge to grow, improving the wellbeing of our world through plants.
We are offering a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to play an important role in our store leadership, mentoring a team at our new Oak Bay location. This dynamic role will involve all aspects of managing and directing store operations.
If you like to take initiative, you are organized and genuinely enjoy taking a hands-on approach to leading & inspiring others, please speak to us about this outstanding opportunity.
Interested candidates should have a strong horticultural background and solid experience in store management including sales planning, wage budgeting and gross margin & inventory management.
Does this sound like you?
- A passion for retail - you will be the role model for truly outstanding & memorable guest service
- 3+ years of management experience in the retail/service industry
- A demonstrated leadership ability – building relationships naturally
- Developing staff by evaluating and providing performance coaching, fostering a team environment to meet store and company objectives
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Is self-aware, open to feedback
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), an amazing employee discount, and we will surround you with beautiful plants!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org