Department Manager – North Shore Location
GARDENWORKS is a locally owned & operated independent garden centre company with 9 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
We are looking for energetic and passionate, gardening enthusiasts who are customer service focused and enjoy sharing knowledge with others to join our team! We have various department management roles we are looking to fill as we transition into our new flagship store in North Vancouver. (Tropical Indoor Plants, Garden Supplies, Outdoor plants, Cashier Lead, Receiving)
Overview of role:
- Building sales & supporting the GARDENWORKS brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- Sharing your gardening knowledge & passion - informing guests about care & maintenance of their plants, asking questions to help solve gardening concerns
- Supporting training in product knowledge, product features and benefits, and related products to meet our guests needs and inquiries
- Managing inventory flow by anticipating need, ordering, and managing products accordingly
- Effectively planning the physical space, time, and labour
- Working with the store merchandising team creating beautiful displays that inspire our guests
- We look to you to bolster a positive & fun work environment where our team can be proud of their work and are recognized for their contribution
Is this you?
- A passion for what we do – connecting guests to nature
- Act as a role model for truly outstanding & memorable guest experience
- A strong understanding of plants and their care!
- 3-5 years customer service experience, preferably in a retail setting
- A “get things done”, positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet the demands of a busy work environment
- Good health and strength as some lifting will be involved and there are physical demands of the job
- Must have a team outlook and be able to work well with other members of the team
These are full-time positions with one weekend day required.
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), an amazing employee discount, AND we will surround you with beautiful plants!
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org