Seasonal & Permanent Positions - Nanaimo Location
GARDENWORKS is one of Canada’s largest independently owned garden centre companies with 8 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan. Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
GARDENWORKS is thrilled to be joining the community of Nanaimo - we are looking for passionate, people focused, plant enthusiasts to join our team!
Our front-end staff act as our company’s final touch point with our guests and play an integral role in the guest experience. We are looking for a passionate, organized and ‘people person focused’ individual to join our team and celebrate our brand! The ideal candidate will need to have previous cash handling experience with an extensive knowledge of all point of sale transactions. This cashier position requires someone to provide excellent guest service in a timely and effective manner, have great “people skills” and work well with a team of cashiers and other store staff.
Is this you?
- A passion for gardening & retail - you will be the role model for truly outstanding & memorable guest experience
- Knowledge / passion for what we do – connecting guests to nature
- A positive attitude who is a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills, and a sense of fun!
- Flexibility, pro-active and open to change
- Self-motivated - an ability to problem solve and demonstrate use of initiative
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet the demands of a busy work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication as well as listening skills
- Must have a team outlook and be able to work well with other members of the team
- weekend and/or evening availability
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount! GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org