Department Manager Perennial Plants - Burnaby Mandeville Location
GARDENWORKS is a locally owned, independent garden centre company with 9 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
We are looking for a positive, enthusiastic individual that thrives on providing top notch guest service, has amazing “people skills” and loves to share their knowledge & inspire our guests in their indoor and outdoor spaces.
This is a dynamic role involving the following:
- Building sales and supporting the GARDENWORKS Brand by providing amazing service to our guests
- You will be the primary buyer of the perennial plant sales category and responsible for department operations
- Sharing your plant knowledge & care - driving the department performance through sales and service
- Managing the department inventory – receiving, pricing, and placing of new product
- Working with the store merchandising team creating beautiful displays that inspire our guests
- We look to you to bolster a positive & fun work environment where our team can be proud of their work and are recognized for their contribution
Is this you?
- A passion for gardening & retail - you will be the role model for a truly outstanding & memorable guest experience
- Knowledge / passion for what we do – connecting guests to nature
- Solid horticultural knowledge – guests come to GardenWorks for expert advice!
- 3-5 years customer service experience, preferably in a retail setting
- A natural collaborator and ability to identify opportunities and take initiative
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet the demands of a busy work environment
- Basic computer skills, email, Word, Excel
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position with one weekend day required.
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), an amazing employee discount, we will surround you with plants each day and with people that share in your passion!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to email@example.com