Annual Plants Department Manager – North Shore Location
GARDENWORKS is a locally owned & operated independent garden centre company with 9 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate gardening enthusiast who is customer service focused and enjoys sharing knowledge with others.
Overview of role:
- Building sales and supporting the GARDENWORKS Brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- Sharing your gardening knowledge - informing guests about care & maintenance, asking questions to help solve gardening concerns
- You will be the main buyer for annual plants including veggies
- Managing the department inventory flow by anticipating need, and managing the products accordingly, this includes receiving, pricing and placing of new product
- Working with the store merchandising team creating beautiful displays that inspire our guests
- We look to you to bolster a positive & fun work environment where our team can be proud of their work and are recognized for their contribution
Is this you?
- A passion for what we do – connecting guests to nature
- A role model for truly outstanding & memorable guest experience
- A strong understanding annual plants and vegetable gardening!
- 3+ years customer service experience, preferably in a retail setting
- A “get things done,” positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet the demands of a busy work environment
- Good health and strength as some lifting will be involved and there are physical demands of the job
- Must have a team outlook and be able to work well with other members of the team
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position with one weekend day required.
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), an amazing employee discount, AND we will surround you with beautiful plants!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org