Line Cook / Barista / Cashier – Mandeville Café
GARDENWORKS is a locally owned, independent garden centre company with 9 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
GARDENWORKS is currently looking for a passionate, enthusiastic ‘people person”, with a love for hospitality to join our team!
Our 50-seat café is open 7 days a week from 9am-4pm serving all day breakfast and lunch, so no evening shifts!
Is this you?
- A passion for people – you love to interact and provide top notch service
- Previous experience - Cooking / Barista / Front of House Food & Beverage (preferred but not required)
- Ability to thrive when faced with new challenges and keep calm under pressure
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to multitask
- Food Safe Certification (preferred but not required)
- Previous customer service and cash handling experience
- Strong communication skills, proficient English
- Professional presentation
- Punctual and reliable team player with strong interpersonal skills
Availability on weekends and holidays is preferred - this is a part-time position to start (16-32 hours), with tips!
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, a health and wellness benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount to our retail garden centre!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org