Junior Accounts Payable Clerk - Burnaby Lougheed Location
GARDENWORKS is a locally owned & operated independent garden centre company with 9 locations in Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role connecting people to our natural world. Together we inspire our guests to create greener, healthier, and more vibrant communities.
We are looking for someone who loves the details, prides themselves on their organization skills, and thrives in a busy, fast paced work environment! Your main responsibilities will be centered around the accounts payable function for our 9 retail stores. This is a full-time role – Monday to Friday.
Overview of role:
- Maintaining master vendor accounts
- Matching supplier invoices to purchase orders and receiving
- Identifying, investigating, and resolving discrepancies on supplier invoices
- Ensuring appropriate approvals are obtained prior to recording and payment of supplier invoices
- Allocating purchases to the correct general ledger code and store location
- Prepare weekly cheque run and EFT payments based on the terms set with vendors and/or deadlines internally set
- Assist in identifying process and control improvements
- Manage our accounts payable email account
- Maintaining our office filing system for customer files, general invoicing, and payment documents
- Acting as the front-line for vendor inquiries and communication
- Support the IT/Finance team with special projects
Is this you?
- 1 year of AP experience – we are willing to train the right candidate!
- Strong analytical skills in basic accounting policy
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Dynamic self-starter, detail focused, extremely well organized and loves working to deadlines!
- A team player who isn’t afraid to roll up their sleeves and help wherever needed!
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), an amazing employee discount, AND we will surround you with beautiful plants!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to email@example.com