Store Manager - Nanaimo Location
GARDENWORKS is British Columbia’s largest independently owned garden centre company with 10 locations across Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
At GARDENWORKS we are unapologetic about our love of plants and want to share this passion with every person who crosses our path. Because plants are more than plants. Plants are life.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role in our shared mission of connecting people to our natural world through plants.
We are offering a unique opportunity for an enthusiastic individual to play an important role in our growing company’s senior leadership team. For our Nanaimo location, this dynamic role will involve all aspects of mentoring and inspiring an experienced garden centre team to fulfill our mission while working to financial and operational targets.
Nanaimo is one of BC’s top places to live. Mainlanders are packing up and moving themselves and their families to Nanaimo to enjoy the seaside community with lakes, rivers and endless outdoor activities and adventures. Visit www.tourismnanaimo.com if you need a little nudge!
If you are one to take initiative, you are organized and genuinely enjoy taking a hands-on approach to leading & inspiring others, please reach out to us about this outstanding opportunity.
Interested candidates should have a strong retail background and solid experience in store management including sales planning, wage budgeting and gross margin & inventory management.
Does this sound like you?
- A passion for what we do – connecting guests to nature
- You love people as much as you love plants
- A love for retail – you will be the role model for a truly outstanding & memorable guest experience
- 3+ years of management experience in the retail/service industry
- A demonstrated leadership ability – building relationships naturally
- Develop staff by evaluating and providing performance coaching, fostering a team environment to meet performance targets together
- A natural collaborator and ability to identify opportunities and take initiative
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Is self-aware, open to feedback
- Ability to multitask and prioritize competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, a robust benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), an amazing employee discount, and you will work in an environment totally surrounded by plants!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to [email protected]