Tropical Plant Enthusiast – Burnaby-Lougheed Location
GARDENWORKS is British Columbia’s largest independently owned garden centre company with 10 locations across Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
At GARDENWORKS we are unapologetic about our love of plants and want to share this passion with every person who crosses our path.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role in our shared mission of connecting people to our natural world through plants.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate plant enthusiast who is customer service focused and enjoys sharing knowledge with others. This is a full-time position, with one weekend day required.
Overview of role:
- Building sales and supporting the GARDENWORKS Brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- Assist in managing the department inventory flow by anticipating need, communicating with the buyer, and ensuring the space always looks inspiring!
- Receiving, pricing, plant maintenance - we only sell high quality, healthy plants!
- Sharing your plant knowledge - informing customers about plant care, the light requirements, how often to water – setting them up for success!
- Supporting training on indoor plant knowledge, their features and benefits with our team!
- Exceptional organizational skills & the ability to effectively plan physical space, time, and labour
- Working with the store merchandising team creating beautiful displays that inspire our guests
Is this you?
- A passion for what we do – connecting guests to plants and growing
- Act as a role model for truly outstanding & memorable guest experience
- Strong horticultural knowledge - specifically with tropical plants
- 3-5 years customer service experience in a retail setting
- A natural collaborator and ability to identify opportunities and take initiative
- An ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities; manage time, multiple tasks, and deadlines effectively
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Basic computer skills, email, Word, Excel
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to [email protected]