Garden Supply Department Manager – Oak Bay Location
GARDENWORKS is British Columbia’s largest independently owned garden centre company with 10 locations across Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
At GARDENWORKS we are unapologetic about our love of plants and want to share this passion with every person who crosses our path. Because plants are more than plants. Plants are life.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role in our shared mission of connecting people to our natural world through plants.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate gardening enthusiast who is customer service focused and enjoys sharing knowledge with others.
Overview of role:
- Building sales and supporting the GARDENWORKS Brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- Sharing your gardening knowledge - informing guests about care & maintenance, asking questions to help solve gardening concerns
- You will be the main buyer for the garden supplies product (soils, fertilizers, garden tools, garden remedies etc.)
- Managing the department inventory flow by anticipating need, and managing the products accordingly
- Working with the store merchandising team creating beautiful displays that inspire our guests
- We look to you to bolster a positive & fun work environment where our team can be proud of their work and are recognized for their contribution
Is this you?
- A passion for what we do – connecting guests to nature
- A role model for truly outstanding & memorable guest experience
- A strong understanding of soils, fertilizers & garden remedies or willingness to learn!
- 3+ years customer service experience, preferably in a retail setting
- A “get things done,” positive attitude
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet the demands of a busy work environment
- Good health and strength as some lifting will be involved and there are physical demands of the job
- Must have a team outlook and be able to work well with other members of the team
- Forklift certification or willingness to go through our in-house training program
This is a full-time, 40 hour per week position with minimum of one weekend day required.
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), an amazing employee discount, AND we will surround you with beautiful plants!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to [email protected]