Buyer Admin Assistant – Gift & Home Decor (Burnaby-Mandeville location)
GARDENWORKS is British Columbia’s largest independently owned garden centre company with 10 locations across Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan. At GARDENWORKS we are unapologetic about our love of plants and want to share this passion with every person who crosses our path.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role in our shared mission of connecting people to our natural world through plants.
This is a unique opportunity for a passionate, professional, and self-motivated person who’s looking to develop their understanding and experience with the full buying cycle for a large multi-location Garden Centre company.
This is a full-time position requiring 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday.
Overview of Role:
- Acting as the main administrative support for our Gift & Home Décor Buyer
- Assisting with repeat purchasing of our core home décor product lines
- New item SKU set up and ongoing maintenance, ensuring prices are updated in our POS system
- Troubleshooting POS scanning issues
- Performing a high volume of data entry creating purchase orders
- Generating periodic and/or ad hoc sales reports for inventory analysis and store sales
- Responding to requests from stores and other departments regarding ordering, deadlines, product info, POS/Price changes & sales
- Working collaboratively with the buyer, warehouse team & our POS professionals
Is this YOU?
- You love retail with the emphasis on Home Décor products
- A natural collaborator with the ability to identify opportunities and make a difference
- A high proficiency in Microsoft Office – in particular, Excel
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong attention to the details
- The ability to multitask, problem solve and prioritize to meet the demands of a motivated, professional team
- Strong communication skills – you will be a main hub for communication between our retail stores and our Gift & Home Décor buyer • A positive attitude who is a team player with good people skills, and a sense of fun!
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical & dental), and an amazing employee discount!
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to [email protected]