Front End Cashier Manager - Burnaby-Mandeville
GARDENWORKS is British Columbia’s largest independently owned garden centre company with 10 locations across Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
At GARDENWORKS we are unapologetic about our love of plants and want to share this passion with every person who crosses our path.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role in our shared mission of connecting people to our natural world through plants.
We are looking for a positive & enthusiastic individual that thrives on providing top notch guest service in a timely and effective manner, has amazing “people skills” and is looking to take on a lead role in mentoring and coaching a team of talented cashiers. This is a full-time position (40 hours per week) with weekend availability required.
- Building sales and supporting the GARDENWORKS Brand by providing outstanding service
- Creating a positive shopping experience - our cashier team acts as the final touch point for our guests
- Managing the day-to-day functions of the cash department
- Leading, training, and motivating the cash team to ensure processes, programs and policies are communicated and adhered to
- Working with our POS systems support team, communicating price discrepancies and scanning errors to ensure accurate sales reporting
- We look to you to bolster a positive & fun work environment where our team can be proud of their work and are recognized for their contribution
Is this YOU?
- A passion for what we do - connecting guests to nature
- A love for retail - you will be the role model for truly outstanding & memorable guest service
- Previous cash handling experience with an extensive knowledge of all point-of-sale transactions
- A positive attitude who is a team player and is all about communication!
- Excellent organizational skills and loves the details
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to meet the demands of a busy work environment
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, dental, EAP program), and an amazing employee discount!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to [email protected]