Garden Supply Department Manager – Burnaby-Lougheed
GARDENWORKS is British Columbia’s largest independently owned garden centre company with 10 locations across Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
At GARDENWORKSs we are unapologetic about our love of plants and want to share this passion with every person who crosses our path.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role in our shared mission of connecting people to our natural world through plants.
We are looking for an energetic and passionate, gardening enthusiast who is customer service focused and enjoys sharing knowledge with others! This is a full time position with weekend availability required!
Overview of role:
- Building sales and supporting the GARDENWORKS Brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- Sharing your gardening knowledge - informing guests about care & maintenance, asking questions to help solve gardening concerns
- You will be the main buyer for the garden supplies category (soils, fertilizers, garden tools, garden remedies etc.)
- Managing the department inventory flow by anticipating need, and managing the products accordingly
- Receiving product shipments, recording damaged items, shortages, and corresponding with vendor to rectify damages and shortages
- Working with the store merchandising team creating displays that inspire our guests
- We look to you to bolster a positive & fun work environment where our team can be proud of their work and are recognized for their contribution
Is this you?
- You have a strong passion for providing an outstanding & memorable guest experience
- Personal knowledge and passion for the horticulture industry with a good understanding of soils, fertilizers & garden remedies
- 3+ years customer service experience in a retail setting
- Good health and strength as lifting will be involved and there are physical demands of the job
- You have strong organization skills; are self-directed and you work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Exceptional time management, multi-tasking, and prioritization skills with the ability to effectively manage projects and meet deadlines
- You love working & collaborating within a team environment, as well as independently
- Forklift certification or willingness to go through our in-house training program
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to [email protected]