Cashier / Guest Service – Penticton
GARDENWORKS is British Columbia’s largest independently owned garden centre company with 10 locations across Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
At GARDENWORKS we are unapologetic about our love of plants and want to share this passion with every person who crosses our path. Because plants are more than plants. Plants are life.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role in our shared mission of connecting people to our natural world through plants.
Our front-end staff act as our company’s final touch point with our guests and play an integral role in the guest experience. We are looking for a passionate, organized and ‘people person focused’ individual to join our team and celebrate our brand!
We have various part-time and full-time positions available!
The ideal candidate will need to have previous cash handling experience with an extensive knowledge of all point-of-sale transactions.
This cashier position requires someone to provide excellent guest service in a timely and effective manner, have great “people skills” and work well with a team of cashiers and other store staff.
Is this you?
- You have a strong passion for providing an outstanding & memorable guest experience.
- A positive attitude who is a team player with good communication and interpersonal skills, and a sense of fun!
- You have strong organization skills; are self-directed and you work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- You love working & collaborating within a team environment, as well as independently.
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including weekends, and holidays as seasonal peaks require.
- This job requires extended periods of walking and standing, as well as the ability to perform some light lifting.
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), an amazing employee discount, and you are surrounded by plants!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources.