Department Manager – Trees & Shrubs (Colwood)
GARDENWORKS is British Columbia’s largest independently owned garden centre company with 10 locations across Vancouver’s lower mainland, Vancouver Island, and South Okanagan.
At GARDENWORKS we are unapologetic about our love of plants and want to share this passion with every person who crosses our path.
Join GARDENWORKS and play a key role in our shared mission of connecting people to our natural world through plants.
GARDENWORKS Colwood is looking for an energetic and passionate, plant enthusiast who is customer service focused and enjoys sharing knowledge with others!
Overview of role:
- Building sales and supporting the GARDENWORKS Brand by providing outstanding service to our guests
- Sharing your gardening knowledge - informing guests about care & maintenance, asking questions to help solve gardening concerns
- You will be the main buyer for the tree & shrub plant sales categories
- Analyzing weekly and monthly sales, current inventory, and on-order with the goal of optimizing sales
- Proactive approach to buying to always give our customers the best quality, qty, and plant selection
- Receiving of plant material, ensuring product is priced, and is in good health
- We look to you to bolster a positive & fun work environment where our team can be proud of their work and are recognized for their contribution
Is this you?
- A strong passion for providing an outstanding & memorable guest experience
- Knowledge of trees & shrubs, including proper growing and maintenance requirements
- 3+ years customer service experience, preferably in a retail setting
- Strength in Microsoft excel, and utilizing our POS system for sales reporting
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts including weekends and holidays as seasonal peaks require
- This job requires extended periods of walking and standing, the ability to perform regular lifting, as well as exposure to varying weather conditions
- Forklift certification or willingness to go through our in-house training program
Job type: Full time 32-40 hours per week
Salary: $23.00 – 25.00/hr
We offer a culture that promotes a healthy, fulfilling work/life balance, benefits package for all eligible full-time employees (including medical, vision and dental), and an amazing employee discount!
GARDENWORKS is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Interested applicants should forward resume and cover letter Attn: Amber Castro, Director of Human Resources to firstname.lastname@example.org